How I love this week of Thanksgiving! There are so many reasons it is wonderful. Here are some of my favorites:
- It official kicks off the most wonderful time of the year!
- There is extra attention to gratitude this week which rocks!
- I get a four-day weekend!
- Thursday is this really wonderful day of family and fun. In my family you just never know who will be around and how the day will go. This year there are five of us but we’ve had as many as 30 and as few as just me one year. All of them have been absolutely perfect.
- The wonderful food of course! It can vary a little bit from year-to-year but the main dishes you can count on having and I am looking forward to all of it. Especially the green bean casserole. Yum!
- And maybe my very very favorite thing about Thanksgiving, which I know is totally crazy, but I LOVE watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade! Love it! (Anyone have connections and can get me on a float? How about as a balloon walker holding down one of the ropes? I’m not picky. )
Meanwhile, even though dinner isn’t at our place this year, I’ve got the house dolled up for the occasion. Here’s some of the latest (even found a great turkey on my mom’s table!) And before you go away, what you doing this year for the big day? Cooking? Eating? Going to the parade? Whatever it is, enjoy every minute of the magic that is Thanksgiving! gobble gobble
Oh Oh Oh! – jingle