Alright y’all, if there’s no book four this fall, don’t blame me, blame my friends and family! They keep booking fun things to do and I keep saying yes!
So, this three-day Memorial Day weekend, I was supposed to be all about the book, book, book. Instead, I was all about the fun, fun, fun! Goodness. Here’s the low down on what I crammed in:
- The new Avengers movie. I’m such a snob I guess – I could write better. You could too. Almost anyone. For whatever reason, the writers over complicated this plot making it a little too plodding and not as much fun. Simpler would have been better. Plus it had some big inconsistency for me. Case in point: like the last Avengers, there’s a huge action scene where they pretty much destroy New York City with no regard to people or buildings. But later in the movie, as a big plot twist, they all are worried sick for every single person in a remote village. And truly the threat to the world of lifting part of the continent to drop down on the earth, seemed really out there. Simpler would have been better but still . . . it’s the Avengers. I’m an imagination freak and sci fi fan. Of course, I still liked it! In fact, all of us girls, gave it a thumbs up.
- I organized my pantry and my closet! This was monumental. I now know I never need to buy another can of diced tomatoes or tuna fish.
- I got out for walking and talking, groceries, seeing my sisters new park-like backyard and getting groceries.
- I won $10 on a lotto scratch off.
- I made asparagus soup out of a big bag a co-worker handpicked. And . . . I made banana ice cream! It’s my new favorite thing. (Frozen banana, frozen fruit add in of your choice or even choc chips or peanut butter – whatever you want really, a little bit of vanilla, a little bit of some kind of milk – I used almond, stick it all in a food processor and blend like crazy. Really yummy!)
- It felt 100% like Memorial Day weekend on Sunday when my sis and bil had a bunch of us over for a super fun barbeque picnic. Good for the soul!
- Finally, on Monday, I sat down to edit and write. Despite 10 hours straight which, trust me, is way too many, I only got to page 83 (currently have 188 pages.) I’m not completely certain because it hasn’t been scientifically proven of course, but I feel fairly sure a turtle could write this book faster than me this time. Woo-boy. But word by word, page by page, it is getting done.
So how about you? Fun stuff happening in your world? Wherever you go, whatever you do, be you. Shine your light!