Three months to Christmas Day! Three months! In these super busy modern times, that’s like “almost here.” I know, I’m sorry. I can feel you cringing just reading the words but, people, we are talking October is here in less than a week! Who took my September?
As a Christmas-themed author it would be natural to guess that December is my favorite month of the year but that actually is my third favorite month of the year! I do love it – right after how much I love the absolutely magical and marvelous month of October and the month of November with its beautiful holiday focused on thanks and giving. So much good stuff right in a row every single year!
September has been packed to the top with busy – and sickness. Jumping jack-o-lanterns. A totally hideous cold that is sweeping the nation came knocking at our door and we, being the accommodating types that we are :), invited it in! The very worst kind of house guest. I turned the whole visit into a giant sized pity party and served cough drops, cold meds and washed it all down with cough syrup. Finally today, a week later, it seems our prognosis is for a full recovery.
Past that the month has included some work travel down at the beautiful Lake Tahoe and getting to spend some time with my husband’s family and the adorable littles pictured here. Such fun and love.
Despite the cold, I’ve felt peaceful and happy this month. Maybe it’s the fall season. It brings out all the warm, fuzzy feelings along with my warm, fuzzy sweaters. Here’s some of the things that have made my thankful list recently:
- Fall colors! How I love them all. Do you like my fall home décor? I’ve put a dash of autumn all around the house to bring the good stuff inside.
- Cleaning out and decluttering! One of our giant projects this month is giving a long overdue clearing to our garage and workshop. Empty shelves! Tah-dah!
- New followers on Facebook, Twitter and this page. Thank you to you all! Kindness rocks!
- Getting the book sent off! I know I have mentioned this before but I feel good about it every single weekend when I don’t have needing to write or edit on my to-do list!
- We bought a new fridge! Our old one gave out and our new one doesn’t get delivered till next week so we’re living out of a cooler right now. Cooler living helped getting a new fridge move to my thankful list.
Every day is a gift. Hope yours is wrapped up in wonderful this beautiful fall day.